Tuesday, January 31, 2012

First blog entry: Artist Meredith Pardue

For my first blog entry, I am highlighting artist Meredith Pardue.  I have been collecting Meredith's art since 2010, and every time I look at her work, I get a rush of endorphins.  I am drawn to the organic forms in Meredith's paintings, often plantlike in structure.  Says Meredith, " I am most interested in creating snapshots, in extracting singular experiences from life's endless cycles of growth and decay, and in transforming the public worlds of nature and human dynamic into a place of private knowledge". 

La Mer
Strange Ground VI
Superflow: Flora IV

Fossil Portrait: Sketch IV

View from Rogue Spaces





This painting hangs in my bedroom
Bravo, Meredith, You've made the world (and our home) a more beautiful place.


1 comment:

  1. Love her work, looks even better in real life! Like the graphic. edgier nature of Strange Ground 6.

    ReplyDelete